Ephesians 6: 10-20 Put on the whole armor of God
10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his power. 11Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13Therefore take up the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness. 15As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace. 16With all of these, take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert and always persevere in supplication for all the saints. 19Pray also for me, so that when I speak, a message may be given to me to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it boldly, as I must speak.
- Light a candle to remember Christ’s presence with you.
- Sit five to fifteen minutes in silent meditation paying close attention to the deep breath.
- As you breathe, begin to put on the armor of God.
- First, discern what God will help you stand against.
- Second, discern what God will help you stand for.
- Imagine yourself putting on each piece of the armor.
- Begin with the belt of truth.
- Name truth.
- Add the breastplate of righteousness.
- Name righteousness.
- Add the shoes that will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace.
- Name the peace.
- Take up the shield of faith.
- Name faith.
- Put on the helmet of salvation.
- Name salvation.
- Hold the sword of the Spirit.
- Name the word of God that comes to mind.
- Spend several minutes paying close attention to the close breath as you feel God’s armor
- What message is God preparing you to speak boldly?
- Give thanks to God for this time in prayer and for any new insights you have received.
- Share as you feel led in the reply box below.